Contenuto principale dell'articolo
Scopo di questa panoramica è quello di riportare i principali effetti della musica e dello stimolo musicale, nelle sue più svariate forme, sui vari organi e sull’organismo nella sua complessità citando i principali studi sull’argomento e mettendone in risalto anche i punti critici.
Oltre a ciò, ci proponiamo di dare un aggiornamento sullo sviluppo della musicoterapia in questi ultimi anni e su quelli che sono i principali strumenti attualmente utilizzati.
Questo lavoro è fornito con la licenza Creative Commons Attribuzione - Non commerciale - Non opere derivate 4.0 Internazionale.
(1) Rauscher FH, Shaw GL, Ky KN: Music and spatial task performance. Nature 1993; 365:611
(2) Pratt RR, Jones RW: Music and medicine: a partnership in history; in Spintge R, Droh R (eds): Music in Medicine. Berlin, Springer, 1987, pp 377–388
(3) Fukui H, Toyoshima K: Music facilitate the neurogenesis, regeneration and repair of neurons. Med Hypotheses 2008; 71:765–769.
(4) Salimpoor VN, Benovoy M, Larcher K, et al: Anatomically distinct dopamine release during anticipation and experience of peak emotion to music. Nat Neurosci 2011;14:257–262.
(5) Lesiuk T: The effect of preferred music on mood and performance in a high-cognitive demand occupation. J Music Ther 2010;47: 137–154.
(6) Mitchell LA, MacDonald RA, Brodie EE: A comparison of the effects of preferred music, arithmetic and humour on cold pressor pain. Eur J Pain 2006; 10:343–351.
(7) Giordano F, Rutigliano C, De Leonardis F, Rana R, Neri D, Brienza D, Santoro N, Covid-19 and absence of music therapy: Impact on mother-child dyad during invasive procedures in pediatric oncology Arts Psychother 2021 Sep;75:101839
(8) Bradt J, Dileo C, Shim M: Music interventions for preoperative anxiety. Cochrane Database Syst Rev 2013;6:CD006908.
(9) Bodner M, Turner RP, Schwacke J, et al: Reduction of seizure occurrence from exposure to auditory stimulation in individuals with neurological handicaps: a randomized controlled trial. PLoS One 2012;7:e45303.
(10) Lin LC, Lee WT, Wu HC, et al: The longterm effect of listening to Mozart K 448 decreases epileptiform discharges in children with epilepsy. Epilepsy Behav 2011; 21:420–424.
(11) Lin L, Chiang CT, Lee MW: Parasympathetic activation is involved in reducing epileptiform discharges when listening to Mozart music. Clin Neurophysiol 2013; 124:1528–1535.
(12) Mozart effect in epilepsy: Why is Mozart better than Haydn? Acoustic qualities-based analysis of stereoelectroencephalography Eur J Neurol 2021 May;28(5):1463-1469.
(13) Oliver Sacks, “Musicofilia” Adelphi 2010
(14) Zonglei Z, Ruzhen Z, Wen We, Rongsheng L, Kunpeng Li Effects of music-based movement therapy on motor function, balance, gait, mental health, and quality of life for patients with Parkinson's disease: A systematic review and meta-analysis Clin Rehabil 2021 Jul;35(7):937-951.
(15) Maggioni E, Arienti F, Minella S, Mameli F, Borellini L, Nigro M, Cogiamanian F, Bianchi AM, Cerutti S, Barbieri S, Brambilla P, Ardolino G. Effective Connectivity During Rest and Music Listening: An EEG Study on Parkinson’s Disease.
(16) Raglio A, Bellelli G, Mazzola P, et al: Music, music therapy and dementia: a review of literature and the recommendations of the Italian Psychogeriatric Association. Maturitas 2012; 72:305–310
(17) McDermott O, Crellin N, Ridder HM, et al: Music therapy in dementia: a narrative synthesis systematic review. Int J Geriatr Psychiatry 2013; 28:781–794.
(18) Ridder HM, Stige B, Qvale LG, et al: Individual music therapy for agitation in dementia: an exploratory randomized controlled trial. Aging Ment Health 2013;17: 667–678. 103
(19) Cooke M, Moyle W, Shum D, et al: A randomized controlled trial exploring the effect of music on quality of life and depression in older people with dementia. J Health Psychol 2010;15: 765–776.
(20) Chan MF, Wong ZY, Onishi H, et al: Effects of music on depression in older people: a randomised controlled trial. J Clin Nurs 2012;21: 776–783.
(21) Erkkila J, Punkanen M, Fachner J, et al: Individual music therapy for depression: randomised controlled trial. Br J Psychiatry 2011; 199:132–139
(22) Bradt J, Dileo C, Grocke D, et al: Music interventions for improving psychological and physical outcomes in cancer patients. Cochrane Database Syst Rev 2011; 8:
(23) Huang ST, Good M, Zauszniewski JA: The effectiveness of music in relieving pain in cancer patients: a randomized controlled trial. Int J Nurs Stud 2010; 47:1354–1362.
(24) Linnavalli T, Putkinen V, Lipsanen J, Huotilainen, M and Tervaniemi M
Music playschool enhances children’s linguistic skills Sci Rep. 2018; 8: 8767.
(25) Dumont E, Syurina EV, Feron F, and Susan van Hooren, Music Interventions and Child Development: A Critical Review and Further Directions Front Psychol. 2017; 8: 1694.
(26) Avanzini, G Lopez L “The neurosciences and music” Music Perception: An Interdisciplinary Journal Vol. 25, No. 1 (September 2007)
(27) Schön “Il cervello musicale: il mistero svelato di Orfeo” Il Mulino 2018
(28) Politimou, N, Dalla Bella S, Farrugia N and Franco F Born to Speak and Sing: Musical Predictors of Language Development in Pre-schoolers. Front Psychol. 2019; 10: 948.
(29) Chiappetta Cajola, Rizzo “Musica e inclusione: teorie e strategie didattiche” Carocci 2016
(30) Segerstrom SC, Miller GE: Psychological stress and the human immune system: a meta-analytic study of 30 years of inquiry. Psychol Bull 2004; 130:601–630.
(31) Bittman BB, Berk LS, Felten DL, et al: Composite effects of group drumming music therapy on modulation of neuroendocrine-immune parameters in normal subjects. Altern Ther Health Med 2001; 7:38–47
(32) Koyama M, Wachi M, Utsuyama M, et al: Recreational music-making modulates immunological responses and mood states in older adults. J Med Dent Sci 2009; 56: 79–90.
(33) Wachi M, Koyama M, Utsuyama M, et al: Recreational music-making modulates natural killer cell activity, cytokines, and mood states in corporate employees. Med Sci Monit 2007; 13:CR57–CR70.
(34) Bittman B, Croft DT Jr, Brinker J, et al: Recreational music-making alters gene expression pathways in patients with coronary heart disease. Med Sci Monit 2013; 19: 139–147.
(35) Fancourt D, Ockelford , Belai A The psychoneuroimmunological effects of music: a systematic review and a new model. Brain Behav Immun2014 Feb; 36:15-26.
(36) Koelsch S: A neuroscientific perspective on music therapy. Ann NY Acad Sci 2009;1169: 374–384.
(37) Fancourt D, Perkins R, Ascenso S, Carvalho LA, Steptoe A, Williamon A. Effects of Group Drumming Interventions on Anxiety, Depression, Social Resilience and Inflammatory Immune Response among Mental Health Service Users. PLoS One. 2016 Mar 14;11(3):
(38) Dahl J, Ormstad H, Aass HCD, Malt UF, Bendz LT, Sandvik L, et al. The plasma levels of various cytokines are increased during ongoing depression and are reduced to normal levels after recovery. Psychoneuroendocrinology. 2014 Jul; 45:77–86.
(39) Köhler O, Benros ME, Nordentoft M, Farkouh ME, Iyengar RL, Mors O, et al. Effect of Anti-inflammatoryTreatment on Depression, Depressive Symptoms, and Adverse Effects: A Systematic Review andMeta-analysis of Randomized Clinical Trials. JAMA Psychiatry. 2014 Dec 1; 71(12):1381–91.
(40) Kubera M, Lin AH, Kenis G, Bosmans E, van Bockstaele D, Maes M. Anti-Inflammatory effects of antidepressants through suppression of the interferon-gamma/interleukin-10 production ratio. J Clin Psychopharmacol. 2001 Apr; 21(2):199–206.
(41) White JM: Music therapy: an intervention to reduce anxiety in the myocardial infarction patient. Clin Nurse Spec 1992; 6:58–63.
(42) White JM: Effects of relaxing music on cardiac autonomic balance and anxiety after acute myocardial infarction. Am J Crit Care 1999; 8:220–230.
(43) Guzzetta CE: Effects of relaxation and music therapy on patients in a coronary care unit with presumptive acute myocardial infarction. Heart Lung 1989; 18:609–616
(44) Pallesen KJ, Brattico E, Bailey C, et al: Emotion processing of major, minor, and dissonant chords: a functional magnetic resonance imaging study. Ann NY Acad Sci 2005;1060: 450–453.
(45) Schneider “La musica primitiva”, Adelphi 1992
(46) Stuckey Hl and Nobel,J The Connection Between Art, Healing, and Public Health: A Review of Current Literature Am J Public Health. 2010 February; 100(2): 254–263.